Our weekly Young Living Oil Spotlight!
Good ole Frank!
Let’s talk about one of my favorite essential oils, Frankincense! Probably the most famous essential oil of all, there are over 50 references in the Bible, and we all know Frankincense as having been one of the gifts the magi brought to Jesus. It was considered more valuable than gold in ancient times for it’s amazing health benefits. So we know it’s amazing, but how do we use it???
Oh so many ways! I love the ability of this oil to calm me down when I’m feeling anxious. I put 1 drop in my palm, rub my palms together, cup and inhale deeply. You can almost feel yourself going back to simpler times. I diffuse this oil whenever I meditate or pray and it really enhances my connection to God and to my inner self.
Frankincense, along with many other essential oils, is actually able to cross the blood brain barrier, and because of its ability to support the nervous system, it can be beneficial for people with all different types of nervous disorders. I’ve actually been using frankincense on my daughter who was born with a brain disorder and have seen surprising improvements in her fine motor and oral motor skills!
Another great use of this oil is in supporting the skin. I use this nightly, along with lavender and lemon diluted as a moisturizer on my face and have seen a noticeable difference in the evenness of my skin tone, as well as a decrease in fine lines and have even seen my freckles lighten!
To alleviate head discomfort, put 1 drop frankincense on your thumb and apply it to the roof of your mouth for 1 minute.
Frankincense is also great for supporting the respiratory and immune system. I diffuse this along with thieves or RC whenever I want to step up my kids immune systems or to knock out something brewing before it starts.
I love using the benefits of nature to keep my family happy and healthy and wouldn’t have it any other way! Want to research for yourself why oils are amazing? Try these sites!
– Submitted by Smiley Oil Crew Member Erin Rosiere –
It was love at first scent for Peppermint Essential Oil and me. This was the oil that opened my world to all essential oils. At my first Young Living Essential Oils 101 class, I got to place a drop of Peppermint Oil in my hands, and then cup my hands over my face and take in the amazing, uplifting smell. Immediately, I felt everything opening up, and felt so invigorated and refreshed. Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Essential Oil has long been regarded for its uses of supporting normal digestion and healthy intestinal and gastrointestinal system functions. Its uplifting aroma can help with occasional head tension and, in combination with lemon and lavender, can help seasonal nasal and sinus discomfort.
Throughout my journey with essential oils, this has remained one of my favorites. I love adding a drop in my water while I am exercising to help refresh my energy, or I’ll roll some on diluted to my belly button for digestive comfort, or to my temples to ease head tension after a long day. Additionally, I’ve used a drop in my belly button to support normal body temperatures.
Peppermint Essential Oil has so many amazing health benefits, but it’s also delicious in recipes! Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. Add 5 drops to your favorite brownie mix and bake as normal. These are AMAZING!!
2. Add 3-5 drops to a glass pitcher of water along with some cucumber slices. It’s your very own fancy spa drink! Your friends will really be impressed – trust me!
3. One drop turns regular mocha iced coffee into a peppermint mocha! YUMMY!
4. One drop in your regular coffee helps to eliminate coffee breath.
5. Add a drop of peppermint along with a drop of thieves and lemon to a warm mug of water or hot tea with a little spoonful of honey, and you’ve got a recipe for “Thieves Tea,” my go-to when I feel a bit under the weather.
This is my own personal testimony of why I love Peppermint Essential Oil so much, but you certainly don’t have to take my word for it. Want to do your own research about this oil? Check out the following peer-reviewed studies, or discover some yourself at:
Peer Reviewed Studies:
Digestive Support: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26319955
Head Tension: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8805113
Viral Support: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S094471130470255X
Camping Spray: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960852499000796
Scalp support and cleansing: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1353611796800837
Thanks for reading!
– Submitted by Smiley Oil Crew Mentor Angela Perret–
* FDA Disclaimer: The information and products contained on this website are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.